To me, even something you enjoy doing can be ruined for you if assigned as homework, which is probably why I waited for as long as I could to create a blog. A real blog; not just a throw-away McDonald's happy-meal toy attempt.
Even someone who doesn't want to work with computers, geeks and computer geeks all day long can enjoy the benefits of engineering leadership; right now, I'm aiming towards something to do with words, like writing books to make a living or to produce enough hot air to dehydrate a small town through public speaking.
I did used to want to major in computer sciences, though, until I found out what they were actually about. Don't get me wrong, I really like using computers, but I would probably have a hard time using power computational machinery for anything other than running a video game. And playing it.
That's probably why I always thought about creating a video game to call my own and make [alot of] money off of, until I realized that I would hate having to learn computer codes and Klingon sign languages to work with my computer or my peers.
The problem with me actually working in the fields of computer sciences and software engineering is that I probably wouldn't actually be able to fit in with the rest of the students and employees that are mastering those skill sets, which sounds weird because, well, the nerds that work this field have a hard time fitting in themselves!
Don't get me wrong; I'm actually friends with some of the aspiring computer sciences majors, while the rest have a political opinion way too different from my own for me to even be able to label them as animals with feelings and physical needs that deserve to be quenched!
Genocidal ideology aside, they're a nice group; some of them share my interest in video games and computer hardware, though they're all surprised that I'm not a computer sciences major. Sure, I'm in a class that, really, only students that want to actually mess with the insides of a lead-laced machine and silicon-flavored codes, but it's actually a really fun class all-around.
It's mostly because I'm in a place where I feel that my natural ability to engage in conversations and manipulate them into tangents is actually appreciated; all we do is talk! Sure, there's some note taking, but beyond that, if you like to argue left from right and right from wrong, then this is the class for you.
That and public speaking.
Which I'll also be taking.
Next semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment